How long until my product is shipped?
Here are the Lead Times of our products after you confirm your order:Please note that lead times can increase during peak times of the season.
Sloped / Flat Covers
2 - 3 weeks
1 - 2 weeks
2 - 4 weeks
1 - 2 weeks
Ladders (3 - 6 steps)
1 - 2 weeks
Ladders (7-8 steps)
3 - 4 weeks
4 - 5 weeks
What is your Return Policy?
Please read the instructions when choosing your cover to be sure you get the right size. We quality check all items before packaging. If there are manufacturing defects or the cover has shipping damage, please take photos and call us at 262-740-7240 option 1 to begin the return process. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT any returns that have not gone through this process, and will be shipped back to you at your own expense. If the return is a result of our error, like if we shipped you the wrong item, we will arrange and pay for the return shipping. Otherwise, you will be responsible for the arranging, and paying for, the return shipment. Any return request must be made within 7 days from the day of receipt and photo documentation of damage must be provided.
What is your Refund Policy?
Once we authorize a refund, the credit will be issued to the credit card used at the time of purchase. Issuing credits will take up to 1-2 weeks from the date of receiving the returned merchandise. Credit will only be given based on the before mentioned 'Return Policy', and only if all of the steps are followed in that section.
How do I install the Sloped or Flat Window Well Covers?
Our Sloped & Flat style Window Well Covers are designed to be installed by anyone in under 45 minutes, depending on the size of your cover. If you can use a drill and a screwdriver, you can install these covers easily! Our covers come pre-assembled but you need to install the mounting hardware so you can get the best fit on YOUR window well. Tools required:
- Drill with a 3/16th inch drill bit
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Permanent marker
- With the protective film still on your cover, center the cover over your window well and snug it up against the foundation wall or the siding; wherever the cover lays flattest, and provides the best intersection with the building. Aim to have an even overlap, but be sure that there is coverage over the entire rim of the well.
- Place a mark on your cover where your mounting brackets will be installed.
- Move the cover aside enough to drill the holes where you marked them.
- Peel the protective film back slightly on the top and the underside and install the mounting brackets at each hole, using the screwdriver to ensure a snug fit. Take care not to overtighten, so you don’t crack the plastic.
- Remove the protective film from your cover, then place the cover back on your well, pressing down the mounting brackets onto your well.
- You're done!
How do your window well covers keep children, pets and adults safe?
We manufacture all of our window well covers from virtually “Unbreakable” Polycarbonate plastic, and aluminum braces. Our Sloped and Flat style window well covers combine rust-free aluminum with clear Polycarbonate to support up to 400 static pounds. Our bubble style covers support up to 150 pounds.
What Liner size should I buy for my well?
Measure what the circumference is – see the orange arrow on the diagram below. This can be done at ground level. Then measure how deep your well is. Then compare your measurements to the following sizes:
- 120" x 60"
- 100" x 60"
- 80" x 40"
What Ladder sizes are available?
For all styles: Hook-Over, Bolt-On and ladders for Concrete/Brick wells:
- 3 step ladder for wells 48″ deep or less
- 4 step ladder for wells 52″ – 62″ deep
- 5 step ladder for wells 63″ – 72″ deep
- 6 step ladder for wells 73″ – 84″ deep
- 7 step ladder for wells 85″ – 96″ deep
- 8 step ladder for wells 97″ – 108″ deep
Are Bubbles customizable?
No, Bubbles are not customizable. Please buy the next size larger than your well size for best results.
What products come with a Lifetime Warranty?
Lifetime Warranty Policy DetailsOur Sloped, Flat, and Bubble style window well covers come with a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. Warranty is not transferable without consent of WindowWellCovers.com. This warranty covers:
- Broken aluminum parts
- Cracks or splits in the Polycarbonate cover
- Broken clips that attach the cover to the well
How do I know what size Window Well I need?
For best results we recommend ordering a well 8-12” deeper than the bottom sill of the window, 3-4” above grade, and at least 2” wider than the window on each side. See diagram below for assistance.
Do you ship outside of the continental US?
No, we offer free shipping inside the continental United States only.
What is your cancellation policy?
Because we ship products as quickly as we can, we request that if you need to cancel your order, please do so within 24 hours of placing it. Some in stock items, such as ladders and bubbles, may ship as soon as the next day. When your order is canceled, we will take your order out of production immediately. Refunds may take up to 1-2 weeks to process. It may take up to 3-5 business days for the refund to show on your credit card statement. You will get an emailed refund receipt for your records.